Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Cup Of Coffee

There are certain places you walk into at certain times of the day and expect to find a certain group of people. Like walking into Hardee's for breakfast and finding an overwhelming population of senior citizens. While sitting there nursing a cup of coffee, you hear the laughter and stories of somebodies grandparents and it's a warming feeling. My grandparents aren't very fond of me, for reasons I don't know, so there has never really been a warm feeling like the one I get from sitting at that table at Hardee's. Even my favorite aunt, whose older, no longer keeps in touch. Once fun filled summers and activity filled weekends were the norm, then around the age of 10...nothing. No calls, no sleepovers, not even a letter or Christmas card. It is unbeknownst to me why the people I care about eventually end up not caring about me anymore. I was always a good kid, staying out of trouble, excelling academically, but yet people continue to leave my life. Am I really so hard to love?

1 comment:

  1. There is one thing I can truly say, is that you are the easiest person to love. Those that have not realized that, have lost an opportunity to know the greatest person I know.
    Love you always Freak

    ReplyDelete